Dr. Dov Rand MD is a medical doctor with 22 years of experience. He made the transition into anti-aging medicine 7 years ago and works with a handful of patients each week on what they can do to increase their quality of life as they age. One of the recommendations for everyone, whether young or old, is to get exercise. Dr. Dov Rand MD knows this is important not only for mental health, but for physical health and disease prevention.
Dr. Dov Rand MD works with his patients to develop an exercise plan and encourages them to stick with it. The benefits of anti-aging exercise only works if patients continue to exercise for their benefit. And the benefits of exercise are many. “Science is finding new benefits all the time. Not only does exercise keep the body healthy and prevent weight gain, new science indicates exercise benefits cell health,” says Dr. Dov Rand MD.
For aging patients, daily or weekly exercise can improve:
- Balance – important for preventing falls in seniors
- Flexibility – helps with balance and prevents uncomfortable stiffness in limbs and joints
- Reduce sick days – observed by patients who frequently walk
- Memory – some research indicates exercises promote memory health
- Swelling – leg exercises can prevent or reduce swelling related to age
- Osteoporosis – can be prevented by weight lifting
- Arthritis – eased by swimming
Dr. Dov Rand MD recommends everyone remain active throughout their lives but recommends speaking with a health professional before engaging in overly physical workouts. By speaking with an expert in anti-aging medicine, patients can get personalized medical advice.